Solo/Small Team Socials: 24/7 Engagement Without Burnout? Seeking Advice!

Posted by Tomáš Kratochvíl in Cinematography 0 views · 2 replies

Hey everyone,

I'm Tomáš, a Gaffer, and I’m slowly but surely building my own content channel, mostly behind-the-scenes stuff and lighting breakdowns. We just shot a short film using an AMIRA with some Forza 720Bs, and I'm editing the BTS now.

I keep seeing advice that recommends 'near 24/7 monitoring' and engagement on social channels to really build a community. Honestly, that sounds like a full-time job in itself. My current process involves trying to post regularly and responding to comments when I can, often in batches, but it's far from constant. I'm already juggling shoots, editing, and client work.

For those of you who are solo filmmakers or part of a very small team, how do you realistically manage this level of community engagement without completely burning out? Are there specific tools, strategies, or mindsets I'm missing here? I want to connect, but the idea of being 'always on' feels unsustainable.

More in Cinematography