Sound Report Generation: New Metadata & AI Tools - What's Your Experience?

Posted by Naomi Blackwell in Post-Production 0 views · 0 replies

Hey everyone,

Naomi Blackwell here, working mixer. I'm finding myself at a crossroads with how I generate sound reports, and I'm genuinely curious about what others are experiencing.

I've been on a few projects lately, mostly indie narratives and commercials, where we're shooting on everything from an ALEXA 35 to a KOMODO-X. My recorder setup is solid, often incorporating Sync E for timecode, and I'm meticulous with my manual notes for reports. However, with all the talk about new recorder features and AI-assisted logging apps coming out, I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick.

For those of you who've adopted these newer systems (perhaps recorders with vastly improved metadata entry, or apps that supposedly streamline the logging process with AI) how has it fundamentally changed your approach to creating those daily production sound reports? More importantly, are you seeing post-production teams actually leveraging this richer data effectively? Or is it still mostly about 'Scene/Take' and 'Good/Bad' in the end?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

More in Post-Production