Scripty Seeking Burn-in Workflow Advice for Sound Sync

Posted by Megan Foster in Post-Production 0 views · 4 replies

Hey everyone, Megan here. I was recently reviewing some common post-production hurdles, and it got me thinking about my own workflow, particularly concerning sound sync. When I'm turning over footage from sets where we're often shooting on an ALEXA 35 or a V-RAPTOR XL with external sound mixers (using 888s or 4018s), I'm always trying to streamline. I've been experimenting with various burn-ins on my reference video for sound, primarily timecode, clip name, and sometimes a simple frame counter. The goal is to make life easier for the sound team and editors, catching potential sync drift early.

For those of you regularly dealing with external sound mixers and editors, how have you specifically integrated burn-ins into your personal workflow to prevent sync issues? Are there any unique approaches, specific data points, or software tools you swear by that go beyond the basic TC and clip name?

More in Post-Production