Most Damaging Social Media Mistake for Filmmakers?
Hey everyone,
I'm Raj, a Focus Puller, and I've been wrestling with our social media strategy for a short film I DP'd recently. We shot it on an ALEXA Mini with a set of Cooke S4/i's, really proud of the look we got. Now it's time to get it seen.
I've been going through countless resources on film marketing, and they all list so many potential pitfalls: bad content repurposing, neglecting analytics, spamming, ignoring UGC licensing, inconsistent posting, wrong platform choice, no call to action, the list goes on.
My team and I are trying to be super diligent, but it's a lot to keep track of. We've been trying to keep posts consistent, using a MixPre-6 II for clean audio in our BTS reels, and making sure our visuals are always top-notch from our FX9 footage.
But it got me thinking: out of all these mistakes, what is the single most damaging and difficult-to-recover-from mistake a filmmaker can make in their social campaign? What's the one thing that, once messed up, tanks everything?
Looking for some real-world insights here.