Location Managers: How have AI script analysis and sustainability shifted your daily grind?
Hey everyone,
Sofia here, a fellow Location Scout. I was chatting with a DP last week, we were scouting for a new commercial, thinking about lighting options with an Orbiter and a couple PavoTube II 30Xs for a night shoot, and the conversation drifted to how much things have been changing lately. It got me thinking about the bigger picture for location managers, especially with some of the industry buzz.
Specifically, I've been hearing more about AI script analysis tools and the growing push for sustainability mandates on set. I'm usually focused on finding that perfect spot and making sure we can even get a permit, but I'm curious: how have these two trends actually impacted your day-to-day work over the last couple of years?
Have you seen significant changes in how locations are requested or approved? Are you spending more time on specific environmental considerations? Trying to gauge if this is something I should be factoring into my own work more directly. Looking forward to hearing your insights!