Packaging Mistakes: What Do Beginners Miss Most Often?

Posted by Haley Bergstrom in Story & Concept Development 0 views · 1 replies

Hey everyone,

I just finished up the 'Development & Packaging Masterclass' and my head is buzzing. As a working screenwriter, I'm always looking for ways to sharpen my pitch and increase the viability of my projects. I've got a new feature script, a high-concept sci-fi, that I'm really excited about, and I've been trying to put together a solid package to take it out.

It got me thinking: for those of you who've been through the trenches, what are some of the most common, yet avoidable, mistakes you've seen new screenwriters or producers make when trying to go from 'Logline to Greenlight'? Specifically, what packaging elements do beginners often overlook or mishandle that hurts their chances of getting traction? I'm talking about things beyond just the script itself, the 'extras' that really make a project stand out. All insights are welcome!

More in Story & Concept Development