Logline Patterns: Pick First or Organic Discovery?
Hey everyone, Marcus here. I've been diving deep into logline structure lately, specifically a resource that breaks down common logline patterns, really helpful stuff for clarity and impact. My current project, a sci-fi thriller, is still in its early stages, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to leverage these patterns.
Historically, my loglines have always felt like the last puzzle piece, something I hammer out after the story is pretty solid. But seeing these structured patterns makes me wonder if I'm missing an opportunity.
For those of you who've been at this for a while, how do you integrate these kinds of logline patterns into your personal screenwriting workflow? Do you deliberately pick a pattern early on, perhaps even using it as a story-shaping tool, or does the 'perfect' logline pattern only emerge organically after your story is nearly complete?