Micro-Budget Video Village: Prioritizing 1-2 Key Items?
Hey everyone,
I'm Aiden Cross, a UPM usually working on mid-tier indies, but I'm currently producing a super micro-budget short film. We're talking shoestring, minimal crew, very lean operation.
I've been looking at various production guides and articles, and while they're great for outlining how to scale up to a full studio video village setup, they don't really address the absolute bare minimum. When you literally can only afford to rent or purchase one, maybe two, dedicated items for a video village, what are your priorities?
I'm struggling with whether to go for a high-quality monitor, or prioritize a robust wireless transmitter, or perhaps something else entirely that provides the most bang for buck for director/DP communication and quality control on set.
Given that we can't do 'the works,' what's the most impactful single or duo of items you'd invest in for a micro-budget video village?