Dialogue Matching Workflows: Your Personal Approaches?
Hey everyone, I'm Sara Lindquist, a post-production supervisor currently on a narrative short shot on a V-RAPTOR XL. We had some challenging locations and wound up using a mix of a MixPre-6 II with MKH 8060 for booming, but also a few Track Es on talent for some trickier scenes.
I’m trying to really nail the consistency of our dialogue. The guides talk a lot about 'matching' dialogue between takes and across different microphones. For those of you who regularly implement these techniques, what does your personal workflow look like for ensuring consistent dialogue sound? I'm particularly interested in hearing about your approach from ingest to final mix. Are there any unique file management or labeling systems for audio takes that you swear by to make this process smoother? I've dabbled with simple numeric systems and location tagging, but I'm curious if there are more robust ways to organize for matching purposes. Thanks in advance!