Future of Sound Reference Specs & Sync Burn-ins: Obsolete or Evolving?
Hey everyone,
As a Producer, I'm genuinely trying to wrap my head around the evolving tech landscape. We're consistently shooting on systems like the VENICE 2 or an ALEXA Mini, often with integrated sound from a MixPre-10 II or dedicated 4018s, and the post-production workflow is becoming increasingly cloud-centric. I'm especially focused on how these advancements, particularly in AI, will affect our current standards.
Specifically, I'm thinking about 'reference video specs for sound' and those crucial 'burn-ins that prevent sync disputes.' Are existing burn-ins like timecode or frame rate displays becoming obsolete with integrated camera/sound data? Or are new burn-ins, maybe AI-generated markers or metadata overlays, becoming essential to streamline workflows and avoid disputes down the line? I've been experimenting with different workflows on past projects, even trying to automate some metadata pulls, but the burn-in aspect still feels a bit 'old school' while everything else is moving so fast. Any thoughts on how this changes in the next 5-10 years?